Thursday 26 November 2009

The World's Strongest Beer...

...in 1988.

Amongst the beers tucked away at the back of one of my many beer cupboards I have a bottle of Roger and Out from the Frog and Parrot brewpub. The label on the back of it proudly boast of it being the world's strongest beer.



No alcohol content is listed, just the Original Gravity of 1.125. No champagne yeast or freeze distillation was used, it was just a very strong beer. 



It tasted foul too. I wonder if the years have improved it...

2 comments:

  1. That's a big beer all right. Could be 13-14%. A little more maybe if it's a dry one. Take a gravity reading if you open it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was thinking of the view I heard years ago that yeast dies at 14% so maybe that was what they could get to in those days.

    I like the idea of taking a gravity reading though, I'm getting tempted to crack it open now...

    ReplyDelete