Saturday 27 February 2010

The Royal Oak, Knaphill

We tried out a different local pub last night. We're not that taken with anything nearby so we thought we'd give the Royal Oak in Knaphill a go. I haven't been in here in many a year and it seems to have grown an extra room since I last visited. This was handy as it meant we could get away from the giant telly screen but the beer selection was pretty dire (Young's bitter and Bank's original) so I don't think we'll be back in a hurry. I've never been a fan of Young's (apart from Special London Ale) and thought I accept session beers have their place the Bank's was just plain boring. 

The lovely Lisa and I are off to the Yorkshire beer festival at The Bricklayer's Arms today so at least we'll get some decent beer in this weekend. I hope they won't go too Northern and do any of that sparkler nonsense though.

2 comments:

  1. "I hope they won't go too Northern and do any of that sparkler nonsense though".

    Well for that comment, I hope they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was not a sparkler to be seen, though most of the beers were on gravity dispense anyway. I'm never going to get on with sparklers so it suited me.

    ReplyDelete