Monday 1 October 2012

Bricklayers Arms Kent beer festival

On Saturday I got up to the Bricklayer's Arms Kent beer festival. There were a few beers I was keen to try, including I must admit some of my own. Before I'd though I saw from a tweet that my green hop beer had sold out, and when I arrived my stout had too. It's good to see your beers are proving popular, but annoying if it means you don't get to drink them yourself. That agony is my triumph.

   

Our enjoyment of the festival was slightly marred by the fact they'd run of of programmes, so despite me being a brewer of Kent we were at a bit of a loss as to what most of the beers were like. I rattled though the available beers I had an idea were good but my friends were after something from the dark side and dark beers seemed in short supply. Heroically we struggled on but it was a bit parky so we wandered on to another pub a bit sooner than we might have otherwise.

The next festival on our list is the Wandsworth Common Halloween one and we might go a bit earlier to that one, and bring a beer list with us.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beer you sent Ed. I had the other night. Interesting beer. Would like to try it on cask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the beer, I think there is something to this green hop malarkey.

      I was keen to try it on cask myself so it was a shame it had sold out before I got there.

      Delete
  2. Is it just me, or is that beer a bit bloody pricey for a beer festival? I'm off to Ascot on Friday and providing the toffs in bowler hats let me in, it's only 3 quid a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they were a bit steep when I first saw them too but they're probably what they normally charge in the pub.

    ReplyDelete